Friday, March 21, 2008

You Live By The Sword, You'll Die By The Blade.

The question everyone has been asking me, "Walid, what happened to your blog?" some comments include, "Dude, yours used to be a family-friendly blog," and "Ni orang yang takde adab dgn didikan agama je yang buat gini," among many others of course. Well, firstly, my blog is still a family-friendly blog, at least the comments by the non-impostor of course. Haha. And secondly, as I said: You live by the sword, you'll die by the blade. The way I started this blog off (for those who remember my first entry), it was a question of when, rather than if, this will happen. Haha.

Many of my close mates and family members have suggested to me to remove the tagboard and to screen for comments, so that the impostor cannot put up such irresponsible comments defaming others, and even MS for that matter. At the moment, I shall resist doing so. For a few reasons.

Firstly, the impostor generates ratings for me! Since he started doing his thing, my blog has averaged 400 views a day! Yesterday it was 406! Haha. Granted, 86 were by that impostor himself (more on this later) but even if u take that away, its about 300 a day. At this rate, it will be about 9000 a month, and over 100 000 in a year! Wohoo! That will definitely make my blog among the top 3 in NUS! Haha. And it's all due to him.=)

Secondly, I believe in being able to stand up to scrutiny regarding whatever i say, and i do not wanna prevent (responsible) people from commenting on my blog anonymously. Occasionally of course there will be the odd twisted person who will use vulgarities and impersonate others, but I definitely know how to tell who is who. So no worries on that one. =)

Thirdly, and most importantly, instead of condemning the impostor, we should embrace him. I know at this point in time it's difficult for you guys to do that, but hear me out first. This guy visits my blog an average of 85 times a day. Assuming that he sleeps 6 hrs a day, he visits my blog once in about 12.8 minutes! This can mean a few things. It might be that he came from a broken childhood, such that his upbringing is twisted and he believes in accusing innocent people, causing fights etc, or it can mean that he is a person who is greatly deprived of attention. Having been shut out from Latiff's blog (and rightly so I might add), my blog is the only place he can turn to. So if I myself do not give him that chance, I fear that without an avenue to express his disappointment and frustration at his depressing life, he might do something foolish to himself. So at the moment, I will not screen my comments yet. In the near future, who knows.

Anyway, I urge all of you not to get upset by his comments. Understand that he needs our help to change, and condemning him is not the way to do it. I am pretty sure also, my audience can tell which comments are the impostor's, and which are not. So there is absolutely no need to get worked up.

To those who have been at his receiving end, I humbly apologise on his behalf. Also an apology to NUSMS, for your name being dragged into this. But I am pretty sure MS members are gracious enough not to take his comments to heart, and are willing to help him change.

By the way, I urge all my family members and friends not to comment anything on this entry. Let's let the impostor and his different versions release their 22, 23, 24 years of deprived attention translated into hurt and vent his angst out.

At the same time, let us all pray for him. I think it's really sad that an undergraduate can stoop down to these levels, so let us all pray Allah puts hidayah in his heart, and let us all pray that Allah keeps his identity concealed, coz i fear the backlash he might receive by the people he has offended if his identity is revealed. Insya Allah. Amin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

touching. sniff sniff. aku ingin taubat. sniff sniff. maafkan aku walid. sniff sniff. tak sia sia kau belajar tinggi tinggi lid. sniff sniff. 400 plus ratings. sniff sniff. famous lid. sniff sniff. bahagia yang kau famous pasal blog yang tak seberapa nie lid. sniff sniff. apa? tak boleh ke kau tulis dengan gerek supaya orang datang nak tengok blog kau. sniff sniff. bukan pasal komen aku. sniff sniff.

HAHAHAH! kental lah. walid. between me and you. this is a good thing. the perverts and bloghoppers will keep coming to watch my comments and read/not read your blog. but they will most surely keep coming. good for you. good for me. let me leech your and bask in your limelight k.

i think you should reconsider what your daddy and mummy and close friends say. close the tagboard. moderate the comment.

jangan create dosa for other people. sniff sniff. ku rela dosa lid. tapi..kau rela ke orang lain dosa selalu datang blog nie nak check whether ada orang pakai nama dorang ke tak. tolong lah lid. sniff sniff. tolong lid. sniff sniff.

*tune in next week*