Thursday, March 13, 2008

Making Judgments.

After having a conversation with someone recently, I feel a burning rage inside me that compels me to write an entry about making judgments.

Firstly, this isn't my main point but since we're on the topic, this is for people who don't like to be judged, who thinks others have no right to judge them , who thinks nobody else should give a damn about what they do, here;s a message: if you don't want to be judged, don't do something that will make people judge you!!! Now, I'm not in any way saying that people have a right to judge others, all I'm saying is you must always be prepared for the inevitability of that. A simple, probably controversial example; some people who previously wore the tudung and have now taken it off. You know that people are gonna talk, so don't give that crap about how people shouldn't me judging you. Again, don't get me mistaken: I have no problems with people who do decide to take off their tudung, that's none of my business, but I do have problems with people who complain and whine about others judging them after they've taken off their tudung. You gave the dogs some meat, then you want to be angry at the dogs for eating it. This tudung issue is just an example, not directed at anyone in particular, I swear.

Now for the more significant issue. A problem that is widespread amongst all peoples, but especially the Malays. Judging others, when you have no idea what's going on. I mean, with regards to the tudung issue, there's not much to decipher: one moment the gal is with tudung, the next she's without. But this, I'm referring to instances whereby a person suddenly judges, then hates, then backbites regarding another, when he or she heard about the issue only from a 3rd party! This clearly indicates a shallowness in the intellect level, lack of values and simply put, a dumb-ass mind. I just cannot understand nor accept why educated people, university grads, undergrads, can behave like such fool.

Now I urge myself firstly, and all you educated people out there reading this: please, display some integrity, show that you have proper values and etiquette, and do not be like one of those typical 'Malays'. Please. If you believe everything you hear, then clearly you're an ignorant foolish soul. So take everything, no matter who it comes from, with a pinch of salt.

And yar, before anyone starts getting 'tersinggung' or 'terasa' and stop talking to me, I assure everyone in no way am I directing this entry towards anyone in prticular. It's just a show of frustation at how seemingly intelligent people can behave in a Flintstones-like manner.

No comments: