Monday, March 24, 2008

Super Sunday.

Well Super Sunday wasn't that super after all. Arsenal lost, and so did Liverpool damn it, despite promises by someone that they will dedicate this victory to all the "strugglers" in the Premier League! All that means is that the title should be Man U's. To borrow a quote from my former soccer coach; soccer has hurt me more than love has! But hey, at least Newcastle won! Phew! Rome is being built finally! King Kev has regained his throne! Now that Newcastle do not look as if they are going to be relegated, I don't have to migrate to Amsterdam!

Some updates. Was busy for most of the weekdays, finishing up on my assignment. The mods I'm doing are pretty heavy. The coming week is my break week, and after that, it's my exams week, for the first block. Time really flies ey. Oh well.

On Friday, me and Fadhil found yet another mosque. This time, we didn't have any plans on which mosque to go to exactly: we met at Central Station, and our plan was to follow anyone who wore a Jubah! Haha. And it worked, thank God! Haha. And oh, the mosque was the best I've been to. Not the mosque actually, more of the Imam. He was a young guy, probably only 2 or 3 years older than me, but he was so assured, so confident in his delivery. He had no script: totally impromptu, 100 percent eye contact with the audience. I couldn't understand a word, yet my eyes were fixed on him. He was that good! I really wished Singapore had more such good, confident Imams . And he wasn't bad-looking either! Haha. After the khutbah I went over to him, i shok his hand and wanted to kiss it but he didn't let me, and he straightaway hugged me. I asked him if he could speak English, he said a little bit. I told him that as a great khutbah, i really loved it. He was so humble, he felt so paisey and he sheepishly said thanks. I wanted to take a pic with him, but my handphone batt died on me!

And it was a bad time for my batt to die as well. Coz after the solat, it was snowing! And it was snowing heavily! And this time, the snow was really thick; the kind that took a good 2-3 minutes to melt once it touched your shirt. It was a magnificent sight to behold. I kept going out of the food place, while having lunch, to 'play' in the snow. Even the shopowner asked; "You like to play in the snow?" Haha. Fadhil was pretty nonchalant about it, having spent 3 years in the States for his bachelors'. The downside to it: when will spring come???? The locals are getting worried, telling me it's pretty unusual for it to be snowing right now. Plus, someone just told me spring officially starts on 21st march! :p Oh well. I sure am not complaining about the snow (not the cold though, it was 0.5 degrees just now at night!).


And it was snowing over the weekend as well. Just now itself, i was caught in the snow, both when cycling to Fadhil's place and while cycling home. But it wasn't really thick, and not as nice as Friday's. But was still good. Cheered me up a little after my Second Love had hurt me. Haha.

Can't wait for Champs League. To get today out of the system.

No comments: