Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ice-Skating....Not!

Here is my weekly update, plus some photos as usual.

On Friday, myself and Fadhil were supposed to go ice-skating gal with this Vietnamese gal, Traang. She is our classmate (she's from NTU by the way), and she's sort of been bugging us to go ice-skating with her. Now, I hate ice-skating, simply coz I suck at it. For those of you who wants to see how bad I am (or wants to have a good laugh for that matter) you can ask Shaza for the video clip. Erm, but since Traang is quite a nice person, we agreed anyway (Fadhil wasn't too keen either). We arrived at the place at 3, only to find out that it closes at 4. Haha. Myself and Fadhil were extremely elated in our hearts, but Traang was so disappointed I thought she was gonna cry. So we decided to go 1 of the days next week instead, just to appease her. But ni last eh. Seriously. And the place was also very near the Ajax training ground, so it wasn't that wasted a trip.

Outside the skating ring


Very nice pitch



Before that, me and Fadhil went to a new mosque. We wanted to go to a different one, but couldn't find it and ended up at another one. It was a Turkish mosque, and of the 3 mosques we've been to here, this is by far the most beautiful. But, the Friday prayers here are real fast. And I mean REAL fast. Khutbah was less than 10 minutes, and for the prayers itself, the Imam recited 'Inna a'toina...' and Qul huwalllah...'. Haha. It's just like the 'Mari Belajar Solat' book.







View of mosque from outside


It was a good week thus far, and on Saturday, I saw my entire family on via webcam. It was very nice to see them, and I really miss my family gatherings.

Other than that, Fadhil and myself were making plans to travel, but since it has not been materialised yet, I won't comment further on it. Hehe. But yar, if we do go abroad, this will be our ride.


Oh,I also saw something that reminded me of someone recently.=)


These few days there have been storms here; the winds are so damn strong. Really. Just now, I could not even cycle momentarily, due to the winds. Wonder when the weather will get better.

Thankfully, everything else is getting better. =) And, my corridor has started to smell of weed again after a few days' absence, so this means the Americans have started to party again!

And oh, people, please don't start rumours about saying how Mas Selamat disappeared because he has "ilmu" etc. Can't anything happen in the Muslim community without it being attributed to supernatural forces?

Finally, I am still in the process of research for my "Top 10 worst quotes on blogs anywhere", so you guys hafta wait a little more for that entry. =)

2 comments:

shaza said...

Oi! What research ah, for the top 10 worst quotes?? Grrr....

Walid said...

Oops!