Monday, March 24, 2008

Global Warming.

Had a chat with someone recently, and I got be a little disturbed. Just wanted to share my thoughts on this.

It is supposed to be spring now in Europe, but it's still snowing. Heavily in fact in Amsterdam. The forecasted weather over the next week doesn't look too good either, it will only get colder. My point? Global Warming is indeed taking place!

So maybe I would like to suggest a few measures that we, the laymen, can perhaps take.

1) Minimize the use of plastic bags. Seriously. Bring your own if you wanna go shopping.

2) For those who have your own transport, let's try to use public transport to sch at least once a week. Serious!

3) And for those who have bikes, especially RXZ bikes, please do something about your smoke emissions! Especially if yours is an old, ugly, red RXZ!

4)When going to very near places, avoid taking your bikes/cars. Go out earlier, and go public.

5) This I heard from the guy who won the Nobel Peace Prize this year together with Al Gore, the head of the IPCC(the group of scientists working on climate change), eat less meat! I don't know the mechanisms working behind it though!

6)Please try to use as little air-con at home as possible! And please, switch off ur lights when u're not using it!

7) Make it a point to recycle paper! Especially the junk notes from previous sem, don't just throw it away anyhow. Put it in the recycling bin.

I haven't become an environmentalist yet, haha, just sharing my worries/thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i may add..maybe the world population could cut down their smoking habits..if one person smoke, oklah..but if around half the world's population smoke, that has got to contribute to global warming..i dono..just a concerned human being..

Anonymous said...

Alamak, non-smoker dah sindir ah. Hmm...You have a point there. I tink it's a very good point in fact, very valid. Hmm... At the rate global warming is taking place, don't be surprised if in the future, governments ban smoking for good.

Anonymous said...

Yeay!! I think I know who's mike-tak-on!! hahahha!! And by the looks/sounds of it, he wont smoke anymore!! Yeay!