Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tourist-like.

I really feel like a tourist this past week; been seeing the sights of Amsterdam.
Started off with the history museum; Amsterdam, not unlike other big cities in Europe, have a really rich history. It really makes you feel so jealous, especially when our most significant piece of history is the sight of LKY crying on national TV.
Anyway, before London was the financial centre of the world (eventually replaced by New York though), Amsterdam was. Holland was the most powerful country in the world at that time apparently.

Here are some pics.




And ohh, perhaps the most famous piece in Amsterdam's jigsaw.


I did go ice-skating on thursday, and as expected, it was a joke. Haha. Enough.

On Friday, Myself and Fadhil did meet my 'bro' from 1 of my previous entries (Ahmed): he got his cousin to drive us arond town after prayers, and showed us the city basically. He's really a great guy, and I feel so blessed to have been around nice people since I've gotten here.

The bro


View of the new mosque I went to



And ohh, I'll end with this pic, just to remind you guys that I'm in Amsterdam.=)

A coffeeshop near the city centre

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like 'Ahmed' it shall be??? Haha........eh, he looks like Mr B***.............haha..........I think u look better lah....& I don't say this just because you're my bro! Happy to know that 'bro' is treating you well. I have warned him to take good care of u ;-)
& I like the last sign ;-)

Walid said...

Haha. Kak, I know I look better, that goes without saying!:p Erm, so how? BIL-material or not?

Anonymous said...

Haha, I can't reply here....coz I have a long list ;-) Lol.......anyway as someone told me yesterday 'you're good, someone good is out there for you.....those whom you have come across are not good enough for you'...InsyaAllah Amin, I hope so too. So you check out whether that guy is good enough for me.......hahahaha.........
Count down to 20 May ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ahmed looks like a joker (in a good sense). Dia boleh ajak lepak ke tak? What is he doing anyway? Studying? Whatever it is, power lah. And trust me, more good people is yet to come and make your stay there more enjoyable. Take care and jumpa mlm nanti. Aku tau aku dah lama mia. hehe.

Walid said...

Yar, trueblu2, he's quite a joker actually. Yup, he's studying too, to be a doctr's assistant or something. Btw, students who are above 18 here get 500 euros allowance a month,under 18 gets 300euros! Ni lah name die welfare state.

Anonymous said...

Wah 500 euros???? Can buy LV bag with tt $$$...........Sigh.....our NSS is nothing compared to 500 euros.Hmm.....maybe I can get a Coach wristlet with that NSS.......lol....

Anonymous said...

Coach wristlet? ape kata kakak bermurah hati berikan pada org2 yang nk g jumpa kawan kat amsterdam ataupon yg nk pegi canada.. terima kasih.. :)