Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kings of Europe: Arsenal?

I would just like to shed some light on what I think will happen in this year's Champions' League (for the girls I'm sorry if it's not be of interest to you).

Before the start of the group stages, I had predicted Arsenal to eventually win this year's competition, but Mohsin had mocked my prediction. Erm, I'm still sticking to it though, despite Man U's 4-0 thrashing of them in the Cup that nobody wants. Arsenal play great football, pleases the eye, and,erm, it pains me to say this, in Adebayor, they have a clinical goalscorer. In AC Milan though, they have as formidable an opponent as anyone could have on the European stage. No doubt, domestically, AC is struggling to make ends meet now, but in Europe, they are a different proposition altogether. So if Arsenal get through this, they will have as good a chance as anyone. I'm predicting they will, with a victory at home tonight and a draw in the reverse fixture at San Siro. We''l find out tonight.

For the others, Man U, Chelsea and Real Madrid look good to reach the semis. Erm, Barcelona, I don't think they will. Surprisingly, Liverpool beat Inter yesterday, reminding me just how good a Euopean side they are. And, they might just creep into the final, again. Erm, so my bet for the sems would be 4 of those 5. But, it all depends on the quarter finals draw, so we'll see what happens.

Arsenal; Kings of England, Kings of Europe. Hmm...Sounds good enough to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

after a 0-0 draw at the Emirates, kinda hard to predict walaupun Mas'uud (Adebayor) tried and luck wasn't their side. Next game kat San Siro and AC's track record at their home is impressive.. My wager's on AC to go thru'..

Walid said...

You have apoint Ji. But 2 seasons ago, Arsenal went to the Bernabau and beat Real 1-0. I'm hoping history repeats itself. My bet's still on Arsenal.