Saturday, February 2, 2008

Anything for a Brother

Hmm, one of my concerns before coming here was whether I would find a mosque. Oh well. This entry answers that.

I was looking for a mosque, and the only way I could do so is to ask around. Problem is, I wouldn't know whether a person is Muslim or not, unless she wears a tudung of course. So I approached the tudung ladies at Amsterdam Central (the equivalent of Orcahrd Road), but somehow, none of them paid any attention to me. 1 of them even turned and gave me a cold hard stare, indicating to me to back off.

Wow. So I had no choice but to take a gamble, and approached some guy whom I believed was Muslim. And the gamble couldn't have turned out better. The guy offered to take me to the mosque himself, even though it was way before zuhur. And when I said thanks, he said, "No problem, anything for a brother."

Now, if one of my 3 brothers said that I would understand, but a total stranger? Now that was cool.

And not only did he bring me to the mosque, he also showed the area where Muslims live, where I can find Halal food rather easily.

So 1 problem solved. Its getting better.=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there!!! things will only get better alrite, insyallah. stay happy bro!!

Walid said...

Yes Yasmine, and thanks. I tried leaving a comment on your blog, entah asal tak boleh. Anw, if by the time I come back you're still single, I'll have to step in you know. Haha.