Tuesday, February 5, 2008

50 euros only.

I've not written an entry about Amsterdam, because a person doesn't really know Amsterdam until he or she has been to the red light district, so now I can say I know Amsterdam.=)

Amsterdam is a very peaceful, serene place (well if you come from Singapore everywhere else is serene), and is also a very beautiful place. The BUILDINGS are very nice, and there are canals everywhere, it really pleases the eye. The people here seem nice enough, but since I've hardly had any real interaction with the Amsterdammers, I'll reserve my judgment for future entries.

Everybody cycles here, there are specific lanes allocated on the roads for cyclists. It seems to me as though there are more bicycles than vehicles. When I asked the Arab guy whether he had a bicycle, he said, "Dude, this is Amsterdam."

Liberal. A word highly correlated with Holland as a whole, and Amsterdam in particular. Drugs here, are not legal as widely believed, but marijuana and hash use is 'tolerated'9terms people come up with too justify their actions), which means you can buy up till 5 grams of these drugs at the coffeeshops. Coffeshops are the places selling drugs, while cafes just sell coffee (and other stuff except drugs!).

Prostitution is also legal. Yesterday night, I asked my room-mate to take me to the red light are. Wait, before you people get worried (especially Kak Siti and Shaza), it was just to see, get acquainted with the city, nothing more. Haha. My room-mate took his bicycle, while I took the tram. On the tram, an American guy sat in front of me and started talking to me, asking me where I was from. He told me he just arrived there earlier that day, and he straightaway asked me," Have you been to the red light area? You should go man, it's only 50 Euros." Bear in mind, he just arrived in Amsterdam a few hours before.

Anyway, the red light area itself was quite an eye-opener. Each of of the prostitutes were in their respective "compartments", fish tank-like, most of them dancing in their bikinis. The catch is, most of them were women who definitely survive on social welfare because there is no chance even the most desperate of guys would pay 5, never mind 50, Euros for them. Maybe it was on a Sunday night, thus the hot chicks had been taken, which explains why curtains covered a lot of the "compartments", which is what is done when they have customers.

Anyway, I've started cooking myself. Haha. Pretty tasteless food, but at least I'm no longer hungry. School starts tomorrow, so I might not be online as often anymore, though I'll definitely try. And the following people, please come online more often coz I havent seen you guys on MSN at all since I got here.

Kak Nana, Akmal, Ashraf, Mohsin, Nor, Jend, Bella, Yati, Hakeem, Haida, Yasmine, Suli, Abu and whoever else that I've left out. Don't play punk ah you all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

tu mcm jgn kata 50 euro.. kau try.. 50 baht!!

Anonymous said...

Be strong lid. Jaga2 when testing the water, ni confirm deep pool punye...

Anonymous said...

eh lid,busy giler ah...Insyallah see u online during Chinese New year period..n why not u try to check out their chinatown kat sana during this period n update kite?haha. n kalau boleh more fotos ah!

apape pun, jgn jahat2.

Walid said...

Ji, 50 Baht eh? More like, TWO, for 50 Baht!

And thanks anonymous, jgn takut aku tak test water, aku 'see' water je. Haha. And aku rase aku tau kau sape.

Jesusfather, insya Allah CNY nanti bebual dgn kau. Chinatown die sebelah red light district. Haha. Tapi aku lum jumpe Little India ah. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous tu bukan aku lah. I'm the hunter seh... kalau kau nak cari little india, aku rasa kau try cari their construction areas. But it won't be beside it though...HAHA.

Walid said...

Haha...Siape cakap anonymous tu kau trueblue2hu? Kau Sulaimen Akhlaken...Ni org lain lah...

Anonymous said...

trueblue2hu bukan aku lah... tu razif.

Anonymous said...

Hmm..50 euro??? Gosh! Guys are definitely darn stupid to pay such amount for one-night stand! Sorry guys! U r definitely sore losers! Well, there's nothing wrong to jst visit the area as a learning point. Be grateful that here, such things are not so openly displayed....which maybe disturbing for our growing kids. Well, we have seen Patpong..now Ams. 2 for Lesson Learnt! haha...;-)

nana said...

hey, i feel so wanted! but wait a minute...my name appears in the same entry as the red-light district entry...hmm...is my name associated with kinky-ness? lol *chill bro, juz teasing you*

Walid said...

Haha... kinky eh? Hmm...Forgot to mention Kak Nana, that the 1st part of the entry is independent of the 2nd! Hahaha.