Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back from the dead.

First and foremost, sorry for the long absence. I have so much to blog about, i do not know where to begin.

Well let's just start with how i felt throughout the time my family was here. It was truly wonderful. I loved every moment of it, and i tried to spend as much time with them as possible; rushing to their hotel right after classes and going back to my dorm as late as possible. When they left the on Friday. i felt a void inside myself. Almost like the time when i just got here, though not nearly as difficult as that period. Thankfully, i have so much studying to do that i have litle time to feel depressed etc; my exmas begin this coming Friday and my project deadline is 30th June, though i intend to finish everything by the 27th-for the simple reason that i won't have a room anymore after that!

About our trip: we went to Paris by bus, we stopped at Brussels (Belgium) on our way. Brussels looked like Amsterdam, only a bit older and uglier. Haha. Paris was fun, very fun. Our days were so packed coz there was so much to do; we went to basically all the tourist attractions in Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre museum, and, my personal favourite, Disneyland. Haha. I know it sounds stupid, i thought i wouldn't like it too, but it turned out great. I think Disneyland brings out the kid in everyone.

Back in Amsterdam, again, we visited practically all tourist attractions here, except one: the Red-Light District (they call it RDA btw, Red Light District Area). My mum didn't want to go there, probably because my younger bro was around. Probably; i don't know the reason for her refusal. And my family did meet up woth some of my friends; some were unavailable while 1, for reasons only known to himself, refused to meet up with my family, which i find quite ridiculous. Oh well. My family was invited for "tea" and "juice" by some of my friends, i think they enjoyed Raluca's (the Romanian gal) company the most: she didn't have school on one of the days but came down just to meet my family.

We made so many more new friends, from all over. This Greek gal we met, some French Muslims we exchaged contacts with, and the people at our hotel (which was Muslim owned and thet speak Arabic, so my brother was especially close to them). I intend to go to their hotel (they have a restaurant at the ground floor) and just 'lepak' there at least once a week.

I can't possible sum up some of the best days of my life in this short entry, just hope you guys have the main idea, of what's been going on in my life. Take care.

17 comments:

Walid said...

Oh, and i forgot to mention (how could i forget man!); perhpas the most memorable part of our trip was meeting some colourful characters! It was so funny! I think we personally came across at least 7 weirdos, probably i should devote 1entire entry to them. Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Haha.....it was definitely fun! The best trip we had so far.......but then again we always said that after every trip! Haha...well with good company anywhere is fun........sigh....now back to reality! The boring daily regime.....but the pics will keep us going!

Walid said...

Haha. We only say that because it's true! Every trip tops the previous one. Haha. Germany next???

Anonymous said...

Thailand also topped the previous one eh lid? haha! or maybe it topped TWO of the previous trips.

Walid said...

Thailand? Aku ade gi Thailiand ke? Kau ni, benda2 aku tanak ingat kau ingatkan balik. Haha.

Rizhan said...

Hebat ah dapat pegi uuruubba(europe)...teringat dulu,tak silap incident ni kat masjid tentera... ade seorang khatib jumaat baca doa untuk uuruubba(europe)..then, 'some people' thought that uuruubba is a place in africa..hehe.

Walid said...

Haha, not 'some people', 1 person. I don't wanna mention names *points finger at Jen*.

Anonymous said...

Haha..just like Baris.....it's Paris for those who don't know (wonder who! ;-) ).....Germany...hmm...if there's something in for me..You Know Who better start finding one for me then we can kill two birds with one stone......to those who understand! Maklumlah sejak balik Paris ni asik berbual step Da Vinci Code........btw is Singpore in Africa? lol

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add that the masjid Kabir in Paris is really kabir, unlike some masjid kabir (tak boleh mention).....semua masjid baik... ;-)Gosh I miss Paris & Ams ........on UL today.....haha.......for more pics, pls see my facebook =) more pics to come........

Anonymous said...

Haha, the mosques in Amsterdam go for quality, not quantity, that's why the Masjid Kabir is not that big too. Masing-masing lah. Masjid Paris tu baik, tapi Masjid Amsterdam, La-Gi baik!

Walid said...

Oh yar, for those who don't understand, there was this clown in Amsterdam who thought Singapore was in Africa. Bloody hell. But i rather people ask if Singapore is in Africa, then people ask if Singapore is in Malaysia! Many people seem to think that Singapore is in Malaysia! So ignorant!

Rizhan said...

S'pore in africa? S'pore in malaysia? I have encountered people who thought that s'pore is in china..Once, an arab kid (here in madinah) approached me and started talking to me in mandarin..hebat juga s'pore ni..so many differences of opinions..btw,juz for our info, the madinah scholars reali respect s'poreans..mainly because of cleanliness n advancement in the medical field.

Walid said...

Haha, Singapore in China? Hmm... Macam-macam ah dorang. But Madinah scholars respect Malaysians too right? DUe to my hero, Dr Mahathir!

Rizhan said...

Yup, u're correct..they really love Dr Mahathir.

Anonymous said...

singapore in malaysia is more reasonable than singapore in africa k! coz its geographically closer, and same region somemore! Boooo~... You know ur map or not?

Walid said...

Eh hello Miss-ggod-with directions-act-Pak-Pandir, people not talking about geographically eh, people talking abt if you're Sporean, it feels bad if people sya you're Malaysian! Maybe you don't understand, coz u're not a true-blue Singaporean!

Anonymous said...

Please people! Singapore is a BIG CITY ok! Don't associate Singapore with other countries! It's so degrading.....Ish! Ish! do you know your pledge? We the citizens of Singapore! K I rest my case........remember Singapore is a BIG CITY!