Saturday, April 12, 2008

Apologies.

(I'm posting this entry with a heavy heart, coz I dun want the comments for the previous one to stop coming in. But yar, I can't possibly not post an entry for the next few months! Haha. So keep the comments coming, rest assured, myself and other TPJCians will keep checking that entry)

I guess I have to be a gentleman about this, have to swallow some pride. You see. I was talking to Luqman the day after Pool beat Arsenal, and I said," Gloat all you want,I'll listen". He said: "No no no, I want entry on how a seasoned analyst got it wrong". Haha. So yup,this entry is an apology to all Pool fans, 5 in particular who patronise my blog; my brother, Nor Hafiz, Luqman, Aizat and Gadisti. Yes, Pool won. Yes, I got it wrong. Yes, Pool didn't play anti-football.

BUT, Chelsea will turn them over in the semis, better believe me. There are only so many predictions I can get wrong. Haha. Third time's a charm, as they say. And Avram Grant will do what Jose never managed to, reach the final of the Champs League; thus dispelling all the crap about how Mourinho is the sole factor for Chelsea's rise etc. People always forget Ranieri reached the semis of the Champs League, the season before Jose replaced him. Anyway, I don't trust Pool to beat Man U in the final, which is why I'm rooting for The Blues.

Premier League issues, I know I might sound as crazy and delusional as a Man U fan,
but Arsenal can still win it, though it looks likelier that Chelsea will. Man U will face Arsenal, Blackburn (away) and Chelsea (away) in their next 3 games. I expect them to pick up only 2 points, and by the end of these 3 games, they will be second in the table already. Well, being a Newcastle fan, I'm an eternal optimist.

General updates. Been pretty busy with school as expected. 2 of my mods are non-examinable, we have to formulate economics models for these mods. Here, more so than Singapore, the emphasis is more on learning, though I don't think NUS is that bad in terms of this.

The good thing about a new block is, you make so much more new friends. This block I've got to know people form Lithuania, Turkey, Greece, Indonesia and so much more. It's great to make so many new friends, from all over the world. It really allows you to formulate more racial stereotypes. Hahahaha. But seriously. Haha.

And people, I'm feeling very very nostalgic, with regards to my JC days. So if any other entry on TPJC comes up, faham-faham je lah eh, it's a phase.=)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like we'll have a similar blog entry in 3 weeks time

Anonymous said...

yup. and then no more entries by end may. we all know why eh?

Walid said...

Haha. The Man u fan is trying to find an opportunity to talk up his tema's chances. Take 1 step at a time Ashraf, Barca first. Don't jump the gun.

Anonymous said...

Make that 6 pool fans, Walid. I've been reading ur blog as well.

And i like how you categorise man u fans as delusional. Fitting enough. Haha.

Walid said...

Haha. Ok Fahmi. May i just ask, which Fahmi is this? Year 1 or Fahmi Sara?

Btw as a Pool fan, you should come back to my blog in 3 weeks. Wait for my, "I told u so" entry. HAHAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

Year 1. We'll see. I have said "I told you so" to so many people too, especially on European nights.

I don't quite have the right feelings going into this semi-final but don't worry, we'll see :)

Walid said...

Haha, indeed we will. Btw i think ur gut feeling is telling u the right thing. Au revoir Pool.=)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the author of this blog is rooting for chelsea to win the UCL.

Anonymous said...

on a lighter note, I heard that Kevin Keegan is planning some big transfer signings this summer, including Nunez, Josemi and Pellegrino.

Walid said...

HAHAHAHAAH. I was in the library when I first read Man/s comment about Nunez etc, and I burst into my normal laughter! Before i got chased out i quickly left.

And erm, ur enemy's enemy is your friend. I figured only Chelsea can take out Man U among the other 3 teams left, and thus stop the closure of this blog; that's why I'm rooting for them. Nothing personal against Pool.

Anonymous said...

walid u have your predictions wrong twice in a row. so as a liverpool fan,

i'll see man u at moscow!

Anonymous said...

bro, u get your predictions wrong twice.

so i reckon as a liverpool fan who goes through thick and thin with them from the troubles in the transfer window to the tribulations in the boardroom.

i'll just have to say:

I'll see you in moscow, Man U!

Walid said...

Whoa whoa, i can tolerate a lot of nonsense on my blog, but a Pool fan wanting Man U to qualify for the final? Now, a man can only take so much!

Anonymous said...

a msg 4 ashraf! remember last year,dont be overconfident or u will end up crying like last season. haha, im afraid u will not want to talk 2 anyone after e game. LOng live liverpool, 5 times european champions.btw u can watch the original european cup at anfield for only 5 pounds..haha