Monday, January 14, 2008

Fear, not a factor.

Recently I've been on a few adventures, in search of the supernatural. Kubur Kassim, Pusara Aman are among the places that I've been to in the past 2 weeks. But, Friday's trip to Matilda's House, topped the lot.

Matilda's house is an abandoned, old house in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nowhere (i.e Punggol). It was right in the middle of a huge field, or rather in the middle of a swamp. That's right, a swamp. Lalang was up to chest level, while the muddy waters were up to mid-shin level. There were 6 of us, and since it was an expedition that really took some balls, I feel obliged to name the other 5 brave souls; Mas'uud, Akmal, Mohsin, Ashraf, Nor Hafiz.

Naturally, initially some of us were reluctant to go in. This was more due to a fear of snakes and wild dogs than of ghosts itself, but after some discussion, we decided to go for the jugular itself.

Truly, it was 1 hell of an experience, something that I can't accurately describe in words. For those of you who are thinking, "Alah, it musn't have been that great a deal", I urge you, go and see the place for yourself at night. Then you'll know what having balls is all about. The pictures are unfortunately not with me currently but I promise you, as soon as I have them, they'll be up. I've had the good fortune to have been to some of the scariest places in Singapore, OCH, Bidadari, slept alone at Echo Coy at Tracom on a Saturday night, but I have to say, nothing was quite like what I experienced on this adventure last Friday. You have to say, guts isn't something that the 6 of us lack.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same of Newcastle. A 6-0 mauling by the old enemy. Unacceptable. No guts shown at all during the match. My worse day in my 11 years as a Newcastle fan. I didn't even dare to pick up calls from Suhairi today.

Just 2 more weeks to Amsterdam. Extremely excited at the prospect of Europe, at the same time, a little petrified. 2 main worries linger on my mind: Will Furqan and Maryam remember me? And will she still be there when I come back?

Only 1 way to find out. Keep reading my blog till I come back.=)

No comments: